Living in Community:
1. Living in Community Implementation Plan The implementation plan for Living in Community (LIC) initiatives that were developed during the consultation and engagement process that took place from 2005-2007. This report details the on-going vision for LIC, the governance structure that will oversee its implementation, and the next steps for priority actions.
2. Living in Community Action Plan Since its establishment in the fall of 2004, Living in Community has focused on developing a well-informed, coordinated approach to the issues associated with sex work and sexual exploitation in Vancouver. The “Living in Community” project is a collaboration guided by a 16 person steering committee representing community, sex workers, businesses and government organizations serving Vancouver. This Action Plan outlines LIC strategies to reach the following goals:
- to encourage ongoing dialogue and partnership between community organizations, sex workers, residents, businesses, government and police about sex work related issues,
- to increase the health and safety of all community members in relation to the effects of sex work, and;
- to prevent the sexual exploitation of children, youth and adults.