Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and not coerced or threatened into doing something they don’t want to do.
“Child Sexual Exploitation” refers to the sexual abuse of children and youth under the age of 18 through the exchange of sex or sexual acts for drugs, food, shelter, protection, other basics of life, and/or money.
Child Sexual Exploitation includes:
- Child pornography
- Internet or phone based, i.e. “sexting”, Facebook , home based stripping
- Indoor venues, i.e. brothels, massage parlors
- Engaging in exchange of sexual services on the street for survival
What is Online Sexual Exploitation?
The use of online messaging, website recruiting scams, and online chats which sexually humiliate, manipulate or are harmful.
Can also include:
- Luring youth to another city or country
- Engaging in sexual activities online i.e. cybersex
- Sending, creating, or distributing sexual images
Sending or sharing sexually explicit pictures of anyone under 18 (including yourself) can lead to serious charges even if it is consensual.